Friday, June 14, 2002

With all the current unrest in the world, you can at least count on the grim fact that people will bet on anything... Yes, that is a very grim story indeed...
In any case - I watched the Anniversary Party last night, acted/written/produced by Jennifer Jason Leigh and Alan Cumming. It was a good stab at Hollywood flirting with dogme style... The plot revolved around a married couple and their guests interaction at an Anniversary Party. The character development was good (probably because it was essentially actors playing actors) and dialogue that was non-scripted was great... however, the scenes toward the end tended to get a bit too Edward Albee (the drug induced night scenes seemed to be the turning point and the film launched into high drama mode at the end...) Anyways - worth a rent. (Hmmm - I wonder if I should bag my reviews page and just start posting here...I seldom see movies, etc...)

No comments: