Friday, February 25, 2005

Celebrity Warfare

Celebrity Warfare


I had realized that I my usual ambivalence to the oscar race gave way to inertia this year. I have no vested interest in it - even though there were actually some decent, independant films that made it into the running. It probably comes down to the fact that it's very spectacle has become more and more bland, most of the appalling attention turned toward the red carpet.

"Celebrities are becoming the sex of the 21st century," according to Samir "Mr. Magazine" Husni...

God - I really hope not, but I suspect we've already arrived. Celebrities are already the public currency... Eyes roll toward heaven and a monologue comes on which I'll say something I'll regret.

You want to know what makes me happy?

Tiny Christo!!


No comments: