Tuesday, June 25, 2002

I've received a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead today. I think I got it because of a strange dream I had where I thought I could feel a ghost in my room... Perhaps it wasn't a dream. In any case - I don't know why I thought this would provide answers of some sort... Perhaps I don't even know the questions (as usual).
Meanwhile = It will kill Electroclash and that's probably a good thing: If they're mining all the postpunk blips and points, it's about friggin time they bring back DISCO PUNK... Think early-early New Order, Marianne Faithful's Broken English, early P.I.L, The Associates, and even dub stuff - Liquid Liquid, The Clash Sandinista, Blondie's Rapture, really edgy Grace Jones numbers - the whole pre-hip-hop electro-R&B bag... Up the base, stabilize the thrash, and get people dancing... Think of it as Mannerism for indie.

No comments: