Saturday, May 18, 2002

Another saturday morning finds me in gym clothes, listening to Neko Case, and drinking my morning cup of Torrafazione Roma Roast, only to find while catching up on my reading that, what's this... coffee is bad. I'm somewhat puzzled as my own blood pressure is pretty damn low (knocking on wood it stays that way)... But it does signal the need for me to really give up this crap. Booze being the one vice on the way out (well, ok - sorta - - I had about 3 Genevers on ice last night)... Coffee's the next that's gotta go sometime. As of now, I am using it to artificially pump up my heartrate so I can go to the gym and work on the eliptical machine at an increased rate...
In the meantime - the CSPI did an investigation and found that pizza is high in calories and fat! Mais non!!! Says the report - "2 slices can pack enough calories, fat and sodium to last an entire day. Add toppings such as pepperoni or meat and you might as well get reverse liposuction"... Shit. So, I guess that means I'll be taking Jet City Pizza off my speed dial...

No comments: