Tuesday, February 08, 2005

There's a kind of hush

There's a kind of hush


This Sunday's NYT magazine had a pull out ad for "emergency terror contact plans" for families to fill out and plan in the event of a terrorist attack, grimly enough. Sentiment straight out of 50's w/it's civil defence manuals and bomb shelters, but It was enough to wonder if we were truly headed for another and what next would happen. Of course, I don't mean to be grim - It's the scene in every cold war paranoid film where swing music plays, I'm doing dishes in domestic bliss and I read about something ominous or terrible that could happen that has me wondering if I dismiss this and walk away, will the unthinkable happen and I'm left without a "safety plan" amid a terrible future... or will giving into paranoia only make it worse? I must not think bad thoughts.

No comments: