Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Still somewhat sick -- but recovering. Although, Issiah tried to kill me tonight on doing supersets (where you are doing back to back sets of weights, very little rest time). It was the kind of sets where I contort my face and make sounds like I'm being choked, and cough and sputter and start tearing up... So I skipped cardio as a result (I've such little energy right now, I can barely move)...

Shameless plug - but I just got the coolest lamp from Target today. It was a steal at $6! It got me thinking about how well Target has done in terms of marketing minimalism to the masses, and some of the more progressive ideas they've developed. I'm salivating just at the concept of their QBits Modular Furniture System. You simply buy pieces to create desks, tables, etc. Truly innovative in going against rigid mass production... Of course, my buy-in with Target, along with everyone is else is that they do hype themselves pretty well. Stephen Sprouses "Punk Rock Americana" is an interesting lesson in merchandising (do a Louis Vitton bag, then do a beach towel) -- as well as fostering public opinion (who's gonna argue with the American flag?)... In any case, I've not actually set foot in a real Target since the 90's, believe it or not... So perhaps (as usual) I do not really know what the hell I'm talking about...

In any case - Just read a scary article, and to all my friends in the big apple - be careful!! If it get's too much in NYC, go hide out in the Hamptons (that's where you're supposed to go, right?) -- or the new Prada store, but avoid the lower part, Ian says it's Stinky and Stale....

No comments: