Monday, April 22, 2002

Todays bus ride was it's usual 20-minutes late, tin-can smelling of puke and cold medicine rickety ride through the hospital trail of misery, and I seriously questioned why I still tolerate this cities laughing joke of a transit system, when I realized at least Seattle Renters Rule!!! ... Something good to come out of bust... I just wonder why the sudden dip in Ballard? Didn't any of those urban engineers play enough Sim-City to know the key to happiness is parks, cute boutiques, and dirt cheap rent? Oh well... I guess the write up in NYT Travel section a few weeks back wasn't enough to keep them...
In the meantime, I will struggle to stay on the hill. The last thing I need is to get into the middle of residential breeder hell. Although, the above article had me toying with the aspiration to one day rent a loft. Be one of those faux-cool sitcom characters with a spacious one-bedroom loft that overlooks impossible angles of Downtown Seattle... Or one of those edgy superhero types that lives in a loft and has their superhero costume kept behind a secret panel.... Or one of those decadent, drugged out jet-setters who lives in a flurry of designer jeans and bed partners... Oh well, dreaming is free...

No comments: