Thursday, February 28, 2002

forgotten the apocolyptic edge that defines us?... This ain't no disco. Growing up in the 80's - I totally remember this, and the various statements we used to make involving the doomsday clock (video projects of the time involved a pan over a bloody baby doll, w/audible clock ticking. images of Hiroshima. death. destruction.) Then the 90's, and the last we dwelled on it was in Douglas Copeland's novels and occassional parodies... Now is quite different. No one mentions Nuclear Winter, Annhilation, End of the World worst case scenarios. It's been nearly relegated to science fiction, in favor of looking at the crisis from a tactical standpoint ("well, if we take out said enemie's satellite system, we can then...")
In any case - I'll get out of my gloom spiral...
because after all...
There is always NUDE BEER DRINKING!!!! Yeah!!! And I thought only I did this in the privacy of my own home...

No comments: