Tuesday, October 15, 2002

So - while you were sleeping, I've come again late into another internet trend that passed me by - Launch.com. Actually, though - let me rephrase this -- i was way into it when it was something else (before Yahoo bought it) and they had this alt-brit channel that played a ton of obscure greats, but then it became Launch, and I couldn't for the life of me keep them from giving me Britiney-N-synch crap served up every other song. Well, I think they're decision engine and offerings have matured (I mean - I could select Mission of Burma for crying out loud. I did select as my top heavy rotation David Bowie, Belle And Sebastian, X, Galaxie 500, Kristin Hersh, Tindersticks, Modern Lovers, The Wedding Present, Uncle Tupelo, XTC ... Yes, it sounds like a sad college station playlist in the Midwest (err Northwest), but then again - I am still that sad, unhip student who longs for laying on my dormroom floor and listening to KVRM.
In any case - this will be a permanant link on my homepage, but here's what I'm currently listening to! Listen and weep....

No comments: